Monday 7 January 2013

MORNING SICKNESS

I love food, but when I was pregnant I became a picky eater. In the first trimester, I only wanted to eat children's food and felt constantly nauseous. The break through came when my Mum told me that morning sickness is caused by a combination of hormones and low blood-sugar, and that I should eat, in bed, before I did anything. Snacking on carbohydrates like crackers and drinking fluids (not too sugary) really helped.

It's the last thing you want to do, but it really works to eat through the nausea  Try not to fall asleep afterwards, because that will make it worse. Here are some ideas to remedy morning sickness:



Drink...
- Ginger tea
- Ginger cordial with carbonated water
- Fruit juice diluted with water

Eat...
- Brown toast with jam
- Fortified cereal, dry or with milk
- Crackers (salty ones)
- Pepparkakor! (see my recipe here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...